2014 Rules and Format of Play
Note: Only the official sign-up sheet and the SGA Tournament Committee are the source of the official rules. The latest set of information that I have received is at:
Bob Catapano Note of May 16, 2014
2014 Team Match Play Brackets as of May 17, 2014
The following is just shown as a convenience - the following MAY be incorrect.
- For 2014: Ten two-man Teams have been placed in a single flight. The ten teams have been seeded on the basis of the total of the USGA Handicap Ratings of the teammates.
- Entry fee of $10 per man will be combined with a 25% matching contribution from the SGA to create a prize pool for each flight. For 2014, we will pay the winning team $160 (to share) and the runner up team $80 (to share). The purse includes a contribution from the SGA
treasury as well as the $10 per player entry fee. The entry fee will be charged to the player's NRCC account. The purse for this tournament is paid in cash. The winners get their names engraved on the prestigious (?) SGA Match Tournament trophy!
- Monthly matches will be played by each team, beginning in June, until eliminated. (The top six teams have a bye the first round).
- (In previous years): If competing teams fail to complete a match by the end of the month:
- Because the members of one team were not available to play on at least 12 days of that month or because one team has otherwise caused the match to not be completed in a timely manner, such team will be disqualified; or -
- Because both teams have contributed to the failure to complete their match in a timely manner, a coin flip in the pro shop shall determine which team will be disqualified.
Prize Allocation: The prize pool in each flight will consist of pro shop credit and will be allocated, 70% to the 1st place team, 30% to the 2nd place team.
Registration: Teams wishing to participate in this year's tournament should have signed up on the SGA LADDER TOURNAMENT sheet located on the bulletin board in the NRCC Men's locker room on or before May 10, 2014.
- The 2014 event will be a single-elimination Match Play best ball (two-player team) net format. The top six teams have a bye the first round.
Match Play rules. Summer Rules.
- Best ball net and this year's tournament is "difference". That is to say: Subtract the low handicap from the other three participants and take the strokes as they lie.
When mixed tees are involved, I assume that handicap adjustments take place BEFORE the subtraction mentioned above. White tee gets their handicap as-is, Black tee handicaps are REDUCED by two strokes (from the Black tee handicap) and Blue tee handicaps are INCREASED by two strokes (to the Blue tee handicap). Once this adjustment is done, THEN subtract the lowest handicap from the other player's handicaps and take strokes as they lie.
If the above is incorrect, let me know.
Send mail to: Webmaster@NRCCSeniorMensGolf.org
- Play them down and putt them out except when concessions are made/given at your discretion.
- All flight matches are to be completed by end-September, 2014 at the latest.
Good luck to all 2014 participants!
(This Web page's contents are dependant upon participants alerting the Webmaster to results as the competition moves forward. Thank you, in advance, for doing so.
send event results be eMail to: Webmaster@NRCCSeniorMensGolf.org